Casual Readers has again been nominated for the Liebster Award!
The rules are pretty simple...
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they've been nominated.
- Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees.
- You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- My name is Amber.
- My favorite color is purple.
- My teenage son is a genius!
- My eyes are actually amber-colored.
- My favorite place to read is at the beach.
- My favorite city in the world is Florence, Italy.
- My husband thinks I'm crazy but loves me anyway.
- My family and I live on a farm, but we aren't farmers.
- My favorite snack is tortilla chips with fresh guacamole.
- My parents are deceased, and I miss them both every single day.
- My favorite guilty pleasure is watching reality shows about gypsies and little people.
Craving Books Q & A
- If you had to be the main character of a book, what genre would you want it to be? FANTASY!
- Which character are you most alike?I get this question a lot but still haven't formulated an answer.
- If you had the chance to slap one character, who would it be and why? Joffrey! Doesn't everyone?
- If you could revive one character, who would it be and why? I refuse to answer this question on the grounds of extreme spoilery.
- What book really let you down? I don't really read many buzz books so am rarely disappointed in those I choose to read.
- What is your favorite book-to-movie adaptation? The Princess Bride! And the one you dislike the most? Twilight. I still haven't seen all the movies as I lost interest after reading the series.
- What book would you want to be made into a movie/TV show? Daughter of Smoke & Bone!
- Who is your favorite author and why? It is impossible to choose just one! You can find a list of most of them here.
- What is the book that made you cry the most? The Book Thief made me bawl like a baby.
- What do you like to do when you read? Nothing, I don't like to have any distractions when I'm into a good book.
- Ebooks, hardcovers or paperbacks? My Kindle is my best friend.
Bookality Q & A
- Why did you start blogging? Let's just say before social media existed.
- What do you want to get from blogging? I blog for sheer pleasure. My goal is to have fun and get more people to interact with one another in our Goodreads group. I love to talk about books!
- What is your favorite book series? Hmm. Of all time, The Chronicles of Narnia. Currently, A Song of Ice and Fire.
- What is your favorite book genre? FANTASY!
- What is your favorite TV or movie adaptation of a book? Answered above.
- Do you buy books or do you borrow from your local library? I get most of my books through NetGalley, but I also have a horrible Amazon addiction. I only checkout books from my local library digitally.
- What book do you recommend the most? One of my favorite reads (so far) this year was We Were Liars.
- What book do you wish you hadn’t wasted your time reading? This is the only book I've abandoned in a very long time. I'm being nice and not mentioning it by name, but the curious can click if necessary.
- When you don’t like a book you are reading, do you finish it or bear through it? I almost always push through until the bitter end with futile hopes that it will get better.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? Making new friends like you guys!
- What is your favorite kind of book to relax with? I read just about everything. Usually, I don't read books deemed relaxing as that would totally put me to sleep. The more action the better!
And the nominees are...
- Christina @ Booksniffer
- Christine @ Bibliophilic Madness
- Tina @ Pages of Comfort
- Laura @ The Book Junkie
- Amanda @ Go Book Yourself
- Alex @ The Shelf Diaries
- Ashtyn @ Wonderland's Reader
- Christy @ Captivated Reading
- Sarah @ Words With Sarah
Congrats, now answer these questions...
- What is your favorite book from childhood?
- What are you reading right now?
- Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
- What is the best book you've read so far this year?
- What is the worst book you've read so far this year?
- How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
- What is your favorite genre?
- Has hype ever ruined your reading experience?
- What is the most intimidating book that you've ever read?
- How do you organize your bookshelves?
- Has a book ever made you so mad that you found yourself yelling at the characters?
Whew, that was fun! I can't wait to read what the other nominees have to say.
Make sure to check out BOTH blogs, because they're awesome!